If your New Year's resolution is to create a healthier way of being, would you believe you can start with a snack? That's right: to assist with weight loss, rejuvenation, energy and health, snack smart with Superfoods!
Evidence has shown that several small meals or snacks throughout the day can be beneficial for energy levels and weight loss. Then why isn't everyone reaping these benefits? The secret is in the choices—everything we put into our mouths has an effect on our health.
Snacking smart is the perfect way to munch your leafy greens and eat the rainbow a little at a time, thus supporting a whole new you. Remember your Superfoods rules when you choose your snacks:
- Lot’s of greens
- Twice as many veggies as fruits
- Raw or sprouted when possible
- Balanced proteins and omega fats
If you carry healthy choices with you (as my family prefers to do), you'll never be vulnerable to a fast-food slump.
Some great new snacks to try:
- Alive and Radiant foods - my favorites are their Veggie Krunch: Arugula and Cabbage, and their variety of Kale Krunch. Super delicious!
- Go Raw for your sprouted seeds and nuts. Try the Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seed and Seed Mixes and
- Living Intentions has awesome Gone Nuts blends.
- Garden of Life has some amazing, nutritious and delicious flavors to healthfully satisfy those snacking urges. Especially for those of you that like to munch on a snack bar here and there.
- My Kale Chips recipe is an easy way to get greens in and satisfy salty savory cravings. Made at home you can personalize each batch. Yum!
What are some of your favorite Superfood snacks? Share with us in the comments below. Now go ahead and snack up with Superfoods!