Eat Yourself Super: 21 Day Challenge to the New You!
- Posted on 3rd August 2012
- in Dr. Todd's Superfoods, Eat Yourself Super 21 Day Challenge, Eat Yourself Super: A Superfoods Journey
- by Todd Pesek, MD
Alright! Here we go! I just got back from adventuring in Appalachian North Carolina, stay tuned for a post on the journey! On my return, I was greeted by yet another awesome, inspiring group of individuals who took the plunge today and began the “Eat Yourself Super: A Superfoods Journey to the New You” 21 Day Challenge. Feel free to join them whoever you are, wherever you are!
The guidelines follow, nice and simple. Remember, this is a beginning point, meet yourself where you are willing to be met. Do your best and every day it will get easier to do a bit better. Our health does not stagnate, it gets better or worse depending on our habits. This challenge is designed to get you on your lifelong Superfoods Journey and leave you practicing good habits while being mindful of the bad ones.
So, starting today, for the next 21 days:
1) Visit our Eat Yourself Super Superfoods Journey, online community (this blog) for community interactions, recipes, and daily support, do get online as we want to hear from you regularly (Also, do enter your email on the homepage to sign up for my free videos and be sure to subscribe to the blog for email updates.)!
2) Read my new book “Eat Yourself Super” which is now available at a Heinen’s near your, or online at Amazon.com (including Kindle), BN.com (including Nook), or iBooks. Also, note that I do a lot of community speaking and I welcome you to attend these events.
3) Eat from Dr. Todd’s Superfoods Pyramid for 21 days (21 days selected because this is the time it takes to break old habits and form new habits).
4) Eliminate (or minimize as best as one can) the NO, NO’s including trans fats, processed foods, refined white flour, refined white sugar, coffee, alcohol, smoking etc.
5) Get out in the community and try: Yoga, Meditation, Tai Chi also some local organic spas and my practice.
6) Be mindful daily, clear your mind for 5 minutes a day. Don’t think about the past or future. Just be in the present moment of life.
8.) Superfoods smoothie for breakfast, must have 2 tbsp. greens powder and 2 tbsp. chia seeds. You can have a fresh juice here too. Lots of recipes in book.
9) Superfoods salad and greens for lunch, healthful dressings only though, there are many examples in book.
10) Any recipe from book for dinner. Note: Feel free to do your research and share other yummy recipes and innovations with all of us!
11) Weights at days 1, 7, 14, 21 and then monthly thereafter for 6 months.
After the 21 days, everyone will post a superfoods success story (whatever it may be, wt loss, reversed diabetes, reversed high blood pressure, lowered lipids/cholesterol, quit smoking etc.) and then the community will vote on the winner!
Eat Yourself Super,